Sunday, February 10, 2013

Blog Post 4

1. Langwitches 1st Graders Create Own Read Along Book

After reading Langwithes blog post about how her 1st graders created a read along book, I thought about how time consuming it must have been to get the students to say their lines and then edit it all together. Once I listened to the audio file, I was amazed at what a wonderful job these 1st graders did! I think it was a great way to get all the children involved in reading the book.
This could be a great way to do a podcast for our group project. I like the idea of having an interviewer ask the rest of the group their opinions about the book and the script could be on slides for the listener / reader to follow along.

2. The Beneļ¬ts of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale

I enjoyed reading and watching Joe Dale's post about podcasting. I found it to be very informative. I like the idea of using podcasting in the classroom because, not only does it give children who miss class the opportunity to go back and hear the lecture but, it also gives parents the opportunity to hear what goes on in the classroom. As a parent, my children often come home wanting help with homework; when I try to explain what they need to do I hear, "that's not the way the teacher said do it!" If a pod cast of the lecture was available, it would be easy for them to go back and listen to their teachers instructions again. Often times, the way I would do it, is not the way the teacher wants it done. Not that my way is wrong, it is just different. Joe Dale's video, Podcasting In The Classroom did a great job of explaining podcasting and why it is important.

3. Judy Scharf Collection

This was the most informative site for me. This post contained tips for a successful podcast and there were also downloadable handouts on creating and uploading a podcast. The YouTube video link How To Create A Podcast, using Audacity was also very informative. After everything I have read and watched, I think Audacity will be the best choice for me to use to make my podcast.

2 comments:

  1. " If a pod cast of the lecture was available,..." were, not was

    "...I think Audacity will be the best choice for me to use to make my podcast." We used to use Audacity but I think it is much more efficient making a movie and uploading it to YouTube. I also can have students use the Mac which is extremely important if they have any desire to teach in Baldwin County. Go ahead and try Audacity. I think you will then understand why I switched.

    Thoughtful. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read Joe Dale's post. I had never heard of podcasting before this assignment. Well, I'd heard of it, but never knew what it was exactly. I think he did a great job with his explanation. Podcasting could be valuable to teachers. I hope that I can one day be a podcasting teacher. You have a great point about helping your own child. Being able to go back and listen to the lesson again could definitely help children learn more and learn the correct method.

    ReplyDelete