Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blog Post 1

About Me!
Hello my name is Chelsea Strong. I am 20 years young and I am one if five children. I have one older sister and all the rest are younger than me. I am very much a family person. I have no clue what i would do with out my family. I have lived in Creola Alabama practically my whole life and I loved it there, it was so peaceful living in the woods! I have a wonderful mother that is raising everyone by herself that will do anything for us. You can only imagine how it is around our house, YES a circus! My dad passed away the summer of 2012 unexpected. He was perfectly fine to us. He had nothing wrong with him. He died of severe heart disease, which there are no signs or warnings for. The only way you find out you have it is if you have a heart attack. It was very devastating. I am a Rambo, if any of you all are familiar with the Rambos skating rinks that is my pawpaw and nana. They started all of them. So that does make me a rink rat.
I just recently got married on December 22, 2012 to a wonderful man! I love married life so far!
I have two jobs at the moment right now and they are at my church in the nursery taking care of little babies and tutoring a special needs child everyday at her home.
I graduated high school from Faith Academy. Most people say they hate it but i loved it. After graduating i attended Faulkner State Community College in Bay Minnette. There i majored in Elementary education, but i wanted to do special education and they didn't have that so that how i ended up here at USA! Here i am majoring in Secondary Special Education with a concentration in general science. I absolutely love kids with my whole heart and especially special needs children!

My Dream Job
I can only imagine that day when I get the call to come set up my very own classroom! It's coming :) My dream job is to be special education teacher. I want middle school, and I want the extremly server children. Coming into EDM 310 has opened so many doors for me. It has taught me already how much the eye has not seen and how much technology there is out there for children and adults to learn with. Don't get me wrong a pen and paper is still needed, but working with special needs children it needs to be mixed up a little. All special need children learn in a different way so I think an iPad or Mac or a computer in general will spice things up a little for them and it will help them learn and maybe remember things a little better.
As you walk into my dream classroom there will be no space on the walls! There will be different things to learn, differnt activities, different quotes and a lot of other things to cheer up the classroom. One thing I hate is when I walk into a classroom and it is so boring, no color on the walls or anything. To me it makes it less fun to learn.
Middle school children are my favorite. People tell me I a, crazy for wanting middle school children. The reason I want miss,e school is because middle school is when you are trying to find yourself. Elementary school everybody does stuff for you, high school you do everything on hour own, and middle school it's like your stuck. I think middle school is when they need us the most. I think I will have a lot to bring to the table for middle schoo and special needs children.
So now you know a little bit about me, what I want to teach, who I want to teach and what my visions are, and what age I want. I can't wait for that day I get to fill special needs children with the knowledge I have!!

Randy Pausch: Time Management
Randy speaks a lot of truth in not just being late with school work but everyday life. You have got to manage your time in anything you do or nothing will get done. Have been in EDM 310 before I did not take this video seriously, well not I am! Edm 310 is a prime example of managing your time wisely or otherwise you will fail.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come from a large family. I only have one sister. I agree with the middle school being a place to find yourself. The kids can be alot of fun at that age...sometimes crazy, but fun. I love your idea of a bright and colorful room with the walls filled with stuff. It makes it look like someone cares. Your right about technology for special needs being a big help. My niece is legally blind and in high school and she has some special equipment to help her. I don't know how should could function with out it. Enjoyed reading your post and congratulations newlywed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Most people say they hate it but i loved it. After graduating i attended Faulkner State Community College in Bay Minnette. There i majored in Elementary education, but i wanted to do special education and they didn't have that so that how i ended up here at USA! Here i am majoring in Secondary Special Education..." Six uncapitalized Is in four sentences. PROOFREAD!

    "I a, crazy for wanting middle school children. The reason I want miss,e school is because middle school is when you are trying to find yourself. " Again, you did not PROOFREAD this paragraph. Two typos.

    Two mistakes in this sentence: "Have been in EDM 310 before I did not take this video seriously, well not I am! "

    PROOFREAD!

    ReplyDelete